Interrailing for 10 Days

I

inarut

I am shortly going on a group tour to Berlin and Prague and finishing in Vienna on July 28th. I'm taking an interrail global pass for a further 10 days travel and was looking at suggestions on where to go to for this time. At the moment, I am undecided as to whether to go on to Slovenia and Croatia or else cover the rest of Austria, Switzerland and parts of Italy. Would welcome any ideas/suggestions here as I only have about 2 days to decide on this one. Cheers. I

Some more details might help:
- What type of things interest you? Historic cities? Beautiful scenery? Vibrant nightlife?
- How much time do you plan on staying in each place? Would you prefer to spend 5 days in 2 places or 2 days in 5 places?
- What is your budget? [Hint: Switzerland is a lot more expensive than Slovenia.]
Also, when you have a basic itinerary you should check out the point-to-point fares. You might not save much on an Interrail ticket, esp if you're taking to Baltic route.

Probably not much use to you ...but I have just returned fro a 3 week inter rail in Austria..and Germany....Was in Vienna and Berlin also...which were the best 2 cities...followed by Koln...Hamburg and Munich... The trains can be pretty packed even during the week...And if there are 2 or more of you and you want to sit together it might be an idea to book your seat the day before...this guarantees you a seat... costs between €3.0 and €5.00 depening on whether you have a 1st class or second class ticket... Also ake ure to fill in the stub of he Global pass for the date you are travelling before the ticket inspector checks it..

Best of luck.. with it..

Is the 10 day train pass over a 30 day period ? How many days do you have in total ? If it's only 10 days, I'd just go to Slovenia, there's lots to do and see, and just pay for trains as you go, I'd imagine it would work out cheaper. Fantastic caves in Postojna, the capital is very nice, and area around Bled / Bohinj very beautiful.

The Rail network in AT and CH is super , and Italy is not to far behind . I don't think that the network on the other side of the Adriatic is as extensive .
pjq

Bled is fantastic, Lijubiana is fine to relax. Yes the caves are amazing. The people are very friendly and women fantastic!