internet explorer

danole

I've been trying on & off for a while to log on to thr RTE website & I keep getting the same result-"internet Explorer cannot display this page". Would anyone know why this should be? 'Tried it on a Mac & had no probs......

Try upgrading your version of internet explorer or resetting the defaults in the advanved tab in the properties for internet explorer,If you have xp sp2 then put on internet explorer 7.

I've been trying on & off for a while to log on to thr RTE website & I keep getting the same result-"internet Explorer cannot display this page". Would anyone know why this should be? 'Tried it on a Mac & had no probs......
this could be your internet brouser settings. Did rte.ie ever work?

I don't think it has ever worked.I don't know how to change the settings.Would it be just easier to download "firefox" altogether?I think it's free......

Forget about Internet Explorer - you don't tend to get these problems with Mozilla Firefox - you can download it free from

[broken link removed]

:)

So,I just download it......and that's it? Nothing to do with "Explorer" at all?

While I prefer firefox myself. That may not fix the problem. Its probably a configuration problem with IE, your internet settings or your network. How do you access the internet?

So,I just download it......and that's it? Nothing to do with "Explorer" at all?

Exactly. Set it as your default browser (it will prompt you to do this when you run it the first time).

It works just like Explorer only way faster, less buggy and more secure.

Downloaded Firefox this morning.Tried the RTE website again.Still can't get it."The connection has timed out" came up........... Strange!

While I prefer firefox myself. That may not fix the problem. Its probably a configuration problem with IE, your internet settings or your network. How do you access the internet?

Do you have a firewall installed? Have you tried turning it off?

Do you have filtering software installed?

How do you connect to the web?

Is this at work or at home etc?

Back