Internet connection

J

jake108

Hi,

I'm looking to connect to the internet for the first time in my new home. I have a phone line installed and I'm just wondering who I should go with. I don't want broadband or any monthly supscriptions. Any advice???

I you mean dial-up only then try some of the well known ISPs who might still offer subscription fee dial-up connection details. You don't pay any connection or usage fee but you do pay for the calls as normal.

Yes, eircom provide a 'free' dial up service. You might be better off looking at broadband (on a trial version at least) if you use the internet frequently. Dial up is painfully slow.

If you really don't want to consider a BB connection many of the ISPs still do offer a "pay as you go" dial up service. (It really can be painfully slow)

http://autoreg.eircom.net/res_step1a_new_exist.html

If you want to try the eircom one it should work alright. You can just throw the EircomNet number into your connections, but its been so long I've no idea what it is anymore. Try the link above it should give everything you need.

Pigsback.com have an Internet dial-up number that gives you piggy points everytime you use their dial-up service.

Thanks guys for your input. Just don't want to have a monthly fee as I won't be using it enough.

Back