International football, what is the point?

Beaten by the better team.

Time to take our oil.

Good to see Ireland have resorted to Big Jack tactics of the 80s/90s. Kick it as high and as far as you can and hope for lucky breaks.

Everyone has their off days, Look a the rugby team and the last WC for example, yet they came back and performed again.

Any injuries have a real impact on us given the lack of talented experienced players (Hunt and Duff) and the lack of game time for some of the starting 11 (keane especially)

I agree with the title. International football has really lost much of its appeal. With regards to the match, ireland were beaten by a better team. However a central midfield of green and whelan cannot be the best we have at our disposal.

Well, if they get beaten by Slovakia on Tuesday I can't see the FAI fill out the stadium for the remaining home games.

With all 3 teams on 6pts this group is delicately balanced. All have lost games.

Thing is, with Russia having lost their home game to Slovakia, and then Slovakia losing the other night, it was a great chance for us to win our game at home and capitalise. Unfortunately the Russians realised that if they had lost in Dublin then they might be in bother. It was a great performance by them, and showed up our weaknesses badly.

I would say the Slovakia game for us now is a MUST NOT LOSE game. A draw would be a decent result, although having to play away to Russia later looks a tough proposition now.

Do you know what this is?

Y

Its a match stick image of Robbie Keane shouting 'wha' to the ref.

Back