Internal shaker doors for painting?

C

cotoole

Hi There,
Does anyone know where I can source some good quality, unfinished, solid shaker doors? I'm looking for something like Red Deal or even Oak that's unfinished so I can paint them cream.

Based in the West but will travel to find them. I'm finding it hard to source them and the Joineries charge an arm-and-a-leg for bespoke doors.

Hi,

I got oak shaker doors in Brooks on Naas Road this time last year. They are not solid oak but rather have an oak veneer IYKWIM. They were unfinished for varnishing or painting. They were about €110 each. Not sure if they still do them unfinished now though as there was talk of changing supplier at the time. HTH

They are on page 8 of this brochure but it doesn't say if they are finished or unfinished [broken link removed]

By the way they are very good quality and they look much nicer in real life, picture doesn't do them justice at all.

Hi cotoole,
Have just spent weeks looking for unfinished solid doors.
Found them in Castlebar, in Heitons.
Check out Welsh's in Kiltimagh, and Mayo Flooring Gallery in Claremorris

Check out these guys... they're a trade supplier but if you call them they will be able to tell you who distributes in your area.

Very nice quality, unfinished oak and pine and primed white shaker doors and full panel glass pre-glazed.

[broken link removed]

Thanks all for the suggestions. I've actually tried Heiton-Buckley in Galway and ALL their doors are unfinished. So there's a couple of choices available.

Most of the hardware providers can supply BGHome products, so there's hopefully some choice there as well.

Back