Internal painting quote

Agreed.

TBH, I find the whole idea of paying someone to do something as easy and quick as painting an awful waste of money - but that's just me.

I'd love to be able to paint my house, but with three slipped discs in my back, a full time job, and studying at night...paying for it was easier.

I've just had a guy quote me €1800 to paint our 2 bed apartment it's probably about 700-800 sq feet and includes the ceilings, doors, skirting window sills etc he reckons the paint will be about €250 is this a reasonable quote (dublin prices)?

my (dublin two bed duplex) with everything incl front door painted and two coats was 2300 (paint included) in may, so it's pretty good.

If Plus One or anyone else has recommendations for cheapish painters in or near CC Dublin, would love to hear it. I have 2 up 2 down cottage (just refurbished) which needs to be done - yah, i've done it before but Im just too lazy/busy (take ur pick!) to use my weekends doing it, thanks!

Cheers

I am looking for someone to do my stairs and landing, internal doors and doorframes, sash windows, and some skirting boards. Can I get the details of some of the recommended painters? I'm in north Dublin.

Ta.

Hi , I would be grateful if anyone has details of a painter in the Newbridge, Co. Kildare area. In 2004 I got a 1850sq ft house painted internally for 1700E. It was a nixer for two professional Irish painters who did it in the evenings and Sat mornings over about 4 weeks. I supplied the paint and they did a lovely job. In 2006 in a similar way they painted a 1000sq ft house for me and again charged 1700E. Again a great job but I thought it expensive. Now I want to get just two bedrooms done and am wondering if anyone can recommend someone else . I know very little about present rates but wonder if painters have become more affordable. Many thanks

Hi, I am looking for a good painter in the limerick city area. Its for a standard 3 bed house but would require quite a bit of filling of cracks and all masking and prep work. Paint can be provided. Any recommendations?
Many thanks

Agreed.

TBH, I find the whole idea of paying someone to do something as easy and quick as painting an awful waste of money - but that's just me.

I am the same as you. Painted my whole apartment about 690sq ft in less than a week and had great craic doing it. Turn on the radio get a few friends over, have beers in the fridge for when ya finish. Its easy and it cos me less than €300

That is mad money, seriously.

its all relative.If you can afford to pay then pay. Painting might seem simple but its not, it is a trade. Its not just a case of slapping paint onto a wall and the amount of bad paint jobs ive seen by people who do their own is shocking. But then again it gives some people satisfaction to do it themselves so thats grand as well. Personally speaking spending a week painting the apartment would do my head in but each to their own

Re: Government grant to get exterior walls insulated

Hi ,
Can anyone give me a rough guide to what painters charge for painting per sq metre on newly plastered walls. Also what's the cost for doors , architrave and skirts.