Internal painting quote

roadrunner

I have just begun getting quotes to paint 2,900sq foot house - all internal walls - first quote I got was for 3K which includes paint. They said this price wont be beaten. does this sound good? They assured me of the paint quality.

Yes I thought so - it`s basically a one woman operation!
She said it would be done over 3/4 weeks.
A Freind of a friend has used her and swears by her.
Was just wondering what the going rate was for a job like this - 2 downstairs livingrrooms, kitchen, bathroom, hall, bathroom. Upstairs 4 bedrooms, bathroom & ensuite.

I heard the other day from a painter that he was looking for 200 euro a room (For 3 bed semi detached -on the basis of 2 rooms to be painted (ceiling and walls), the rooms were masked ready to go and the paint sitting in the room waiting to go up ! I thought it was a bit of a rip off to be honest.

Hi Roadrunner

It cost my brother 6k to get his 3500 sqft new build painted internally. Where is the lady based?

How many coats is she going to put on? Is it on top of existing paint or is it a new build?

They assured me of the paint quality.

What about the quality of the work? The price sounds good enough, but no harm in asking for a reference.

If it's a one-person operation (lady or man) it's going to be slow. That can be a drawback.

We're getting our new build house (3,200 sq ft) done for Euro3,500 excluding paint. Includes painting ceilings, skirtling, frames, architraves etc.

It cost me Euro 1000.00 just to buy the paint ( standard Magnolia on the walls , white on the ceilings) for a 3000sq ft house . The ceilings got a second coat but the walls didn't.. I think that is a very good price

i tried one of those onlinetradesman websites for quotes and found them fairly handy. Got it done for approx same quote from a painter on that site.

Do you really want somebody who will take 3/4 week, really you need someone in and out asap,I would be tinking,I know of a painter if you need another quote

It cost me Euro 1000.00 just to buy the paint ( standard Magnolia on the walls , white on the ceilings) for a 3000sq ft house . The ceilings got a second coat but the walls didn't.. I think that is a very good price

A 10l tub of magnolia costs arount €30, did you buy 30 by 10l tubs?

Be sure to see the paint they will be using in advance. Some paint is just water with a bit of colour. Bought cheap paint once b4, and it turned out to be the dearest paint I ever bought!

I received a quote for a 3 bed semi. Could not tell you the dimensions of it but its a standard two up two down property.

Every internal room to include stairs, skirting, doors, ceilings, walls and wallpaper on one feature wall in bedroom.

Excluding paint €1500 of which he will get the paint(dulux) at a trade discount. Came highly recommended.

Two coats he has promised. 4 polish lads. Irish painters didnt bother to even turn up to estimate. They had promised but......................

I was quoted €1.5k to do a hall stairs & landing job ... three story house including 8 doors and banisters & for two coats..but not including paint

Folder..pm me the number of your guy!

I got an excellent polish guy who did seven doors, eight wardrobe doors as well as all of the skirting. He did a beautiful job, worked about 65 hours in total and cost only €700. I provided all of the paint but he provided everthing else. PM me if you want details

Be sure to see the paint they will be using in advance. Some paint is just water with a bit of colour. Bought cheap paint once b4, and it turned out to be the dearest paint I ever bought!

Agreed.

TBH, I find the whole idea of paying someone to do something as easy and quick as painting an awful waste of money - but that's just me.

I got a company to paint my 3bed 1000sq foot house. It cost 1000 euro including paint (2 coats) and they did all the cracks (settling cracks were fairly big!) ceilings, walls and woodwork (that was very bad!). . They also took everything away when they left so no paint to dispose of etc at the end (very important to me as it was a rented property!). Three great Polish guys. Did the job in 3.5 days. I inspected it every night and they were really great to fix anything I noticed. Like Folder the Irish painters I rang left me waiting for them for an hour. I left 2 messages for them- no one rang me back!!

Hi Plus One,

Could you pm me please with your painters contact details. We have just completely refurbished our house and now we're on the home run so to speak, have completely ran out of energy. We're even getting used to the half painted half plastered look. Would love to get someone good in if we could afford it.

Many thanks,
Camlink.