Internal House Doors

blaze

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get Internal Doors to paint white that look like this [broken link removed]

They are one panel doors and sometimes called Shaker depending on the website. I don't want to go for Oak etc as I'd be paying more and then just painting over them. Solid would be my preference.

Doors Ireland dont have them in Stock until Mid June in case anyone suggests them.

Thanks

I saw some of these in a Brooks flyer that came through my letterbox last week [broken link removed]

Thanks but I was in the Sandyford Branch and didn't see any of that particular style.

Actually I see they have them in oak. I'll check if they do them in the Pine range. Thanks Arasain.

Please let me know how you get on, as I'm looking for the same type of door...

I have only managed to source Oak versions which are a little pricier. Not sure how good these are for painting. I'll talk with my builder and see and post back.

Simp, I'm interested in heading to Ikea. Dont suppose you have the Catalogue still and would like to share it?

Regards

Cheers for the update - it's trickier than I would have thought to find simple wooden doors for painting!

As for the Ikea catalogue - sorry, but we took great pleasure in ritually dumping it after two tough days of shopping there! I regret the decision now, as we'll need to mail order some stuff from the Edinburgh branch... Perhaps try emailing them? (b2b.Edinburgh@memo.IKEA.com) Alternatively, source a UK cheque or postal order for £2 and follow the instructions here:-
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/order_catalogue/how_to_order_a_catalogue.html
(No Euro or Visa accepted, which is a drag...)

I visited 3 door outlets in Finglas 2 weeks ago and each of them had this style of door. The best price as far as i can recall was €160 in Dublin Doors (different to Dublin Door Store). This was an engineered solid door, i.e. it is solid but made from several layers of wood. Apparently, this makes them less likely to warp. They had it in 4 or 5 different wood finishes. Details: Dublin Doors, 6 Northern Cross Business Park, Finglas. 01 8068044.

Blaze - just to let you know - in the end we got Morton flush engineered fire doors in B&Q - €41 - suitable for painting, and very solid.

Thanks. Went with Brooks at €125 for Oak for the Shaker Style but that is a great price you got. Was actually quoted up to €360 for the very same door from other Door suppliers which I found through the Goldenpages. Sure pages to shop around.

Back