Internal Floors and Doors

Sparki74

Hi everyone - I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway . As our house is now up to roof level, we have to start looking into doors and floors.

Can you have a mix of wooden floors and tiles throughout a bottom floor, my reason for asking this is that I would like wood for the entrance hall, but as the entrance hall has a door that leads into the dining kitchen room, would it come across as being a stop and start job. - What do you think?

The dining and kitchen area is quite large. My hubby would prefer to tile and kitchen dining area. Personally I would prefer wood in the dining area as it is a big room. However, off the dining room, there is double doors into a sunroom. As it gets a lot of sun, is it best that this area is done in tiles?

How do you think it would look to have wood (entrance), open up door into dining room (wood) then off dining room separated by doors, tiles again? will that look messy.

Last question - how do you think pre-treated wooden doors look on wooden floors? I don't want the look to be toooooo woody. Have you any opinions on pre-treated oak doors, on a darker flooring, or is the shade meant to be the same?

we have stone tiles, in the hallway, oak floors off to a room on the right, carpet in room on left, kitchen is straight ahead with black tiles, and off of that is another sitting room with walnut wood floors...looks nice to me!!

We have a beech block floor in the entrance hall, oak block floor in the dining room, tiles in the kitchen and carpet in the sitting room.

Looks fine.