Internal doors

corkcuu

We need to get the internal doors for our new house - what are the different types available?? (quality wise). And rough ideas of cost?
Also if anyone knows where would be good places to go to in Cork??

And final question - i want to put in double internal doors in a room with stained glass - do i get the stained glass seperate??

Asked my friend, who just did a huge extension, where she got her internal doors, and she said Buckleys Builder Providers (located on the Bandon Road roundabout) were the best and cheapest.

Try MD O'Sheas's in Ballincollig.
You usually buy doors without glass, get them hung and then call out a glazier to put in the glass. (or sometimes the shop will send the doors to a glass company who will put in the glass). P.S. I did this recently and my glazier told me that stained glass was goone out of fashion and a lot of people were getting such glass removed and replaced with clear glass.

Also Brooks builders providers

You can get the doors pre varnished and with glass fitted just make sure that the glass can be changed easily if it breaks as some doors that are pre glazed require the whole door to be changed as the glass is fitted without beading in other words they glaze the door as they are putting the frame together which eliminates the need for beading which means if the glass breaks the whole door needs replacing.

[broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

Thats great thanks guys, off to check them out tomorrow

Also heard that stained glass is gone of fashion, but hey i like to make my own fashion statements :D , stuff like that is very much personal taste, some people like it, others dont

Back