Internal doors - looking for contempory flush oak

Ecca

I have searched a lot of door companies and do not like what they have in stock. I do not want panels in the doors, and am not find of pine knotty doors. just looking for some plain wood doors with no grooves etc. that will not break the bank. Saw some fire doors but they have a high shine in the resin and not what I am looking for. Looking for them in the Leinster area....

I have some experience with both companies. My guess is Dublin Door Store will be a better bet for finding something as specific/contemporary as what you want. I think they have a new store in Kells Co.Meath also. When I priced them I found them quite expensive compared to PSSupplies (also in Lobinstown outside Navan. We went with PS, helpful staff (David) and the boss Pat is reasonable to deal with. We bought oak veneered doors at a very reasonable price as far as I could see. The doors are solid wood with an oak skin or veneer (the only part you see) glued/ironed on to them. These had panels however.
We also bought all architrave, skirting, hinges, locks and handles there too.
Be careful with regard your door frames. Some potential pitfalls there depending on whether you plaster/slab your house etc. PS good for advice in this regard. In a nutshell you can't put in veneered frames before plastering or they will peel with all the water flying about.

Thanks so much for your help...will look up pssupplies. I already went to Dublin Door Store, but the doors I liked were going to come in at at least 400 a pop, and I will probably have about 14-15 doors. A wood door with veneer would be fine, as long as it is not too shiny and is smooth without panels..

Like I say Ecca I think the main problem you will have will be finding one that has no panels at a reasonable price. Good Luck. When pricing your doors also include frame, architrave, hinges, locks, handles not to mention
varnishing and lacquering. That's one piece of good advice because it really adds up as we found ! Also your second fix carpentry (if it is direct labour) should be in there as well. Another good move for us was having the doors spray varnished by a professional. Excellent job and cost € 40 a
door. That was materials supplied and labour for FOUR coats (2 x sealer, 2 x lacquer). Absolutely no way I could have made as good a job myself by brush and even if I could you need to leave value on your time.

Back