Internal Doors, frames, skirtings....

Anna Lucia

My questin is where should I go? I need 6 internal doors complete with frame & architrave and I also need new skirting board. I would like 6" skirting board, but I haven't seen that anywhere. White Oak would be my prefernce. I need somebody to fit them aswell should I just contact a carpenter & ask him to supply & fit. I am in Dublin. Any help or tips appreciated.

you could get pre hung door kits as well, never used these guys and have no affilitaion

[broken link removed]

i got white oak doors ,frames,architrave ,skirting from doorsireland about 2 months ago , for a shaker door was e160-180 ,the frames with architrave was e65-70 and the skirting was e120 for a pack of 5or6 lengths @12fts both the skirting and architrave was soild oak timber , the best place for locks ,hinges,handles is balmar in ballymount i think ,great choice and not a bad price too , i looked at getting pre-hung but worked out about e480 for white oak a set (www.doorsireland.ie) ( or .ie)
regards the chippie

Thanks everyone for all the tips.

Chippie - Do you tink hanging the doors is a job a competant DIY'r could take on themself or would your advise hiring a carpenter to hand them? I need new Bannisters also perhaps I could get both jobs done at the same time.

see how they get on with the first one ! but you would be better to a get carpenter to do it , as they could make a mess of the door by not knowing how to plane the right way and could easily take chucks out of the door ,could also plane too much off it ,then they will have to hinge and lock to the same as the doorframe ,will have to be carefull when drilling the locks , that they don't drill out through the side of the door , don't take out too much for the hinges ,which could make the door hinge bound .