Interior design magazine

sheena1

Does anybody have a recommendation for an interior design magazine? I would like to give a subscription as a gift (mothers Day approaching!) and after having a quick look in my local newsagent I noticed that a lot just seem to contain an odd article and picture but the content is mostly advertising! There are a lot of Irish and UK magazines and I wonder do AAM members have any preferences?

I like "Ireland Homes & Interiors" magazine, in addition to articles on the latest trends in design, each issue also features actual readers homes.

Don't believe some of the stuff that you read in those mags. My brother in law is an EA and has bought and done up a few houses over they years. I got roped in to do some small DIY jobs (hanging curtain poles, mirrors, pictures, light fittings, assemble flat-pack furniture etc.) but the stuff that was used was sometimes described as much more expensive in the magazine - e.g. the €30 light fitting from B&Q described as a €200 piece from some fancy shop that advertised in the mag! And I never got my name mentioned for all the work I did... :( ;)

Lovely present for your Mum.
I love House and Home and Image Interiors both of them do alot of Irish features but most important is the list of suppliers are Irish based companys too.
N.B. to.. Club man all the large D.I.Y stores do copy last years designers ranges but they are not the same...Not to say that the are of any lesser quaility they look fab and great for the end user.

definitely House and Home http://www.houseandhome.ie/ - its got loads of really good info on where to find things in ireland and the real house features are usually places you'd actually like to live in - as opposed to poxy showhousy type places I often see in other mags

I've had a subscription to House and Home for 4 or 5 years now. I get family members to sign me up as a Christmas present and think it's a great idea. It's definitely the best all-round magazine. I think its €25 for one year and €45 for two. I believe Pigsback do an offer where you get get one year's subscription for €20 but I'm not sure if that offer is still available.

Image Interiors is also a good magazine. I don't really like the Ireland Homes & Interiors magazine as I find most of its information is Northern Ireland based and there are too many ads in it. There is another magazine called Upstairs Downstairs but it's quite flimsy and seems to have a lot of Galway based ads. Another popular magazine for presents within my family is Irish Gardens but your Mum would obviously have to either like gardening or have a garden for that one.

Been meaning to post same question for a couple of weeks now! Have just ordered House and Home to be delivered ... because I know I would forget to buy it!

Thanks a mil for great idea for mother's day pressie. Sure she must be sick of creams and lotions at this stage! Have just ordered subscription on the internet this minute.

Hi,
I know these two are UK based but i think they're very good. They always have good ideas and nice schemes you can copy etc. i get plenty of ideas from them.

Ideal Home Magazine and Livingetc
www.idealhomemagazine.co.uk
www.livingetc.com

Also The White Book is an irish based interior magazine, mostly very high end, arty stuff but beautiful mag, check it out at www.thewhitebook.net
i think it's subscription only though, I've never seen it in the shops. i like it a lot too just for inspiration and stuff. has lots of retail info for ireland too.

Let me second (third?) "House and Home" magazine. The homes featured in this mag look like real people live in them. Practical suggestions and ideas for (ahem) ordinary people.

Back