Interesting Use Cases and News about Cryptos/Blockchain Technology

Be careful what you ask for! I'm not at a point of parting with my grandchildren's inheritance but it's the first 'altcoin' I can genuinely express some interest in. Therefore, loads of questions on the way...

Lash the family silver up on Ebay and put the farm up on Daft..... It's time too go balls deep on IOTA! Hahaha

No problem at all, if I can answer I will.

Yup, group think is a very dangerous trap that any of us can fall in to. That's why I see greater value sometimes in discussing crypto (well BTC really) here rather than elsewhere. I might get frustrated with Brendan et Al's viewpoint at times but it makes for a more thought out perspective as if everything is questioned, you're made think it all through.

I agree, it's good to be among so many Crypto sceptics as it certainly makes you question things more deeply and be more objective etc. That said I wish there was more meaningful discussion around Cryptos on the technology and use case side as it always seems to centre around speculation and the whole value argument.

Anyway, hopefully we'll make a few million along the way! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy IOTA'ing! :D

Lash the family silver up on Ebay and put the farm up on Daft..... It's time too go balls deep on IOTA! Hahaha
Happenstance but I did find myself balls deep proportionately in BTC for a couple of months - it wasn't fun! (First world problems) That said, I'm still considering a substantial investment in IOTA ..but not one that will give me sleepless nights.

Negotiator said:
Hopefully we will make a few million along the way!:-D :-D :-- :-D :-D :-D :--
Stranger things have happened (oops, that's me feeding in to the speculative side of things...)

Last edited:
Christies is having an interesting seminar in London:

Here are some of the topics. I would probably attend if it were in Dublin.

Exploring Blockchain —
Is the Art World Ready For Consensus?

Keynote Speaker: The Blockchain Landscape in the Art World

Panel discussion: Blockchain in the Art World – Digital Art

Moderator: Jason Bailey, artnome.com
Masha McConaghy, BigchainDB/Ocean Protocol
Matt Hall, Cryptopunks
John Zettler, The R.A.R.E. Network
Yehudit Mam, DADA.nyc

Panel Discussion: Blockchain in the Art World – Tokenisation and Securitisation

Moderator: Frédéric de Senarclens, Art Market Guru
Marcelo Garcia Casil, Maecenas
Niccolò Filippo Veneri Savoia, Look Lateral
Marco Abele, TendSwiss

@tecate This is for you.......Someone has created an all in one thread for IOTA which makes it much easier than trawling through all the different websites and resources looking for updated info about IOTA. Hope it helps. https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/8kfrxk/iota_allinone_thread/

We didn't quite get down to $1.50 but still had some buying opportunities. Trinity Wallet heading into BETA soon and an update on QUBIC capabilities only 2 weeks away so keep an eye out for that!

@Negotiator : Thanks for that. Still working my way through it. It's like peeling the layers off an onion though. Now that I've started to get in to IOTA, I feel that I have to check out a whole host of rivals also - before I could justify taking a punt.
I'm not in a position to put money down in any event until next month at the earliest ...so I guess I have time.

@Negotiator : Thanks for that. Still working my way through it. It's like peeling the layers off an onion though. Now that I've started to get in to IOTA, I feel that I have to check out a whole host of rivals also - before I could justify taking a punt.
I'm not in a position to put money down in any event until next month at the earliest ...so I guess I have time.

Very wise decision Tecate, you are obviously going about it the right way. I honestly don't want to persuade you one way or the other, just a heads up etc. Let me know if you have any questions though.

Another little update/announcement from IOTA this morning was confirmation that Ledger will support Trinity Wallet integration which will be very welcome indeed. This will offer a hardware wallet option for IOTA.

PS- A little teaser video in relation to QUBIC, more info revealed on June 3rd........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjBvawdcW8

Back