Interest Refund Cheques

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronmalone

Morning, could we start a thread for interest refund cheques, when people start receiving them to let everyone know. I called yesterday as it appears my mortgage payment amount this month missed the reduction even though was written down during July and they are saying the same thing, no later than the end of August.

I rang the Aib helpline today regarding my situation - I am in the cohort who received the €1600 cheque in 2018 and had the 3.2 clause in my mortgage contract. I sold my house in Nov 2018 and the mortgage account is closed. The customer representative said I would expect two cheques in the post along with a letter by the end of August, one for for the capital write down and a second for the interest overpaid. She couldn't give me any figures over the phone as the account is closed.

I rang the Aib helpline today regarding my situation - I am in the cohort who received the €1600 cheque in 2018 and had the 3.2 clause in my mortgage contract. I sold my house in Nov 2018 and the mortgage account is closed. The customer representative said I would expect two cheques in the post along with a letter by the end of August, one for for the capital write down and a second for the interest overpaid. She couldn't give me any figures over the phone as the account is closed.

there's a thread specifically for those of us in that very situation

Thanks for the link Shay75. I am actually still with AIB (different mortgage account for new house) ...posted here as haven't moved banks. I'll keep an eye on both threads

We received the €1615 and got the capital write down last month, this month's mortgage payment have been reduced by just over €100, that would mean a substantial yearly saving for us, we haven't received the cheque for interest over pay yet but will let ye know Brendan when it comes

One week in to the month within which all folk affected by the tracker issue and it would appear that no one on here, nor any one we know, have received a cheque in respect of the interest.

Can't help but think that this is by design and in line with AIB's habit or practice of dragging things out until the last minute.

We are the same we received a 35000 write down off our mortgage without any notification. When my husband rang to know how much would the cheque be he was told we were a usual case as we had a number of different interest rates.

This is typical of AIB keep you waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back