Interactive whiteboards

Liamob

Hello to all fellow teachers and anybody who has experience with interactive whiteboards!

I'm a teacher in a primary school in Co. Meath, and after much discussion and looking at finances, we have decided to investigate the possibility of buying some interactive whiteboards for some of our classrooms. We know that prices vary greatly from company to company, as some are more advanced and offer more features than others.
My question is:
Does any primary school teacher have experience with these boards? Which brand/company would you recommend? Anybody to avoid? How do some of the boards differ from each other?

I, personally, would love one in my classroom, and can't wait to learn about them and the endless possibilities they bring. But we do want to make the right choice, as these are expensive and a big purchase for our school.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Hello Liam

There are a few threads on this already. Personally I made one myself using [broken link removed]instruction..total cost less than €12. Relatively easy to set up and use using the wii remote. If you want more info don't hesitate to ask. (You've read the costs correctly by the way!).

Hello to all fellow teachers and anybody who has experience with interactive whiteboards!

I'm a teacher in a primary school in Co. Meath, and after much discussion and looking at finances, we have decided to investigate the possibility of buying some interactive whiteboards for some of our classrooms. We know that prices vary greatly from company to company, as some are more advanced and offer more features than others.
My question is:
Does any primary school teacher have experience with these boards? Which brand/company would you recommend? Anybody to avoid? How do some of the boards differ from each other?

I, personally, would love one in my classroom, and can't wait to learn about them and the endless possibilities they bring. But we do want to make the right choice, as these are expensive and a big purchase for our school.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Ask yourself are you going to benifit from these interactive whiteboards? They may look good for PR purposes, but seriously assess their pedagogical value. Are you planning how they can be integrated into your curriculum so they add value to what you are doing? Are you being honest about what they are going to be used for? Can you be sure they will benifit your students? Have your teachers been trained in how to use these things to maximise there potential? These are the kind of questions you should be asking?

Back