Integrated washing machine - installation

dowlinj

I'm going to be installing an integrated washing machine in my new kitchen. Just need to stick the washing machine in place and fit the hinges on to the integrated door. However, there's currently a 3-4 inch gap between the top of the washing machine and the bottom of the work top it's going in under. The legs of the washing machine only extend about an inch so this won't help much filling the gap. Does anyone know if this gap is ok or do I need to place the washing machine on some sort of base. It's currently sitting on a flat, tiled floor. I can alter the position of the hinges so the door covers the gap but it just seems the top of the machine should be flush with the work top? Just wondering am I missing something, should this gap be there or not?

Usually the washing machine comes with kind of 'legs' that fit in to the bottom of it? That's how ours works anyway, they should have come with the washing machine. If you don't have them maybe you should contact the supplier?

Standard height of kitchen unit is approx 875mm including legs to underside of countertop.
Standard height of an integrated w/m is about 10mm less (incl legs).
Which is the non-standard one in your case? - is the w/m too small or is the counter-top too high?

Hmmm, I didn't see any additional legs with it and I don't remember seeing anything in the manual. There are adjustable legs on the machine but, as I said they only go up about an inch. The height of the machine as per the spec is 820mm, hence the gap.

Back