Motor insurance valid if license not?

J

jmmyb3

Can you help me on this question - would your insurance be valid if there was a mistake on an issued driving license or would you need to correct the error on the license, before getting insurance?
If everything is declared and correct for the insurance company, would they try use this as a get out clause?

your policy/certificate covers you something like ' provided you have a licence to drive or having held a licence are not disqualified from holding a licence'.

I would think that if you got a licence 'in error' then you do not hold a licence and therefore your insurance is invalid.

Surely this is a total contradiction - how can everything be correct for the insurance company if a mistake was made on the issued driving licence

Ravima is right - the clause is 'we will not cover the driver unless they hold a valid licence to drive the vehicle, or have held and are not disqualified from holding or getting a licence'

The clause allows cover to a person who unwittingly has let their licence expire, for instance.

Jmmyb3 - in answer to your query it would depend on what the error was; if you could be a little more specific then I (or others) may be able to provide you a better response.

well, it was in relation to help and fitness, ticked no where a yes should have gone - its no big deal but I am coming up to ins renewal and just thought it could be an issue, not sure how to sort it.

cheers, yeah afraid that they'd send me back to get it changed, and i'd get in trouble then