Insurance question

D1983

I want to get,public liability,defective workmanship and also insurance to cover tools in my van.Can i get this under one policy or will i have to take out seperates ones?
Also how much should i be looking to pay approximately?

investment

can anybody tell me where is the safest place to invest a small amount of money. Its with Irish Life at the moment and I have lost over 700 since I started 15 mths ago.

Moneyblind - i reckon you must be forum blind too!

D1983 - Public Liability and the result of defective workmanship can be covered under one policy. However the cost of re-doing the defective work is not covered, just the aftermath.

The tools in the back of the van would be a seperate policy. How much you pay for the public liability would depend on your trade and your projected turnover for the year!

Thanks...
Is defective workmanship and public liability classed as the same thing?
In other words,if i get public liability,that will cover me for both?...im in the motor trade.

PL & DW are different. We deal with an insurer that has a motor trade scheme where you can pick and choose a lot of the cover you require. So if you need just road risk cover, PL & defective workmanship you can separate that cover instead of taking a more expensive combined policy that may have cover you don't need.

www.powerinsurances.ie

I got a road risk quote alright but will be leaving that until next year.
Need to get the public liability and defective workmanship soon though,thanks for clearing that up.
Any idea what i should be paying for a sole trader?

The cost would vary from client to client, but I know it is very competitive if you fit the companies criteria. If you log on to our site and send us an email I'll make sure someone contacts you.

www.powerinsurances.ie

The road risk quote i got was with power insurances,it was a good quote and i will defintely be taking it up when the time comes.
I never got quotes for the liabilty etc but i will be in touch soon,thanks.

Back