Motor insurance premium

Shay O Toole

Hi,I was involved in accident in 2008 in which no one was injured but there was substansial damage to both my and the 3rd partys vehicle.I did not consider myself to be at fault and pleaded with my insurance company to fight the case.They didnt and the issue was settled with my comprehensive policy paying for my damage.My premium went from €300 to €720 last year and now I have recieved a renewal notice for €700 for next year.I have tried to get other quotes but as soon as I enter my reg the quotes are either exoribant or else they wont quote me at all.In other words I am trapped with my present company.Any suggestions as to what to do next would be helpful.I have a full licence for 18 years on my own policy with just that one incident.

And that is the joys of losing your no-claims bonus unfortunately. Hence the reason your premium doubled. You didnt say how much the claim was for as it may have an impact. But the fact that you say when you enter your reg it goes up, makes me think that its a jap import. Is it? Best thing you can do is shop around.