Insurance for website

N

nugg

Hi all,
Does anyone know of an insurance company that provides cover for ecommerce websites? Many seem to be wary of online shops - particularly ones that, like mine, offer worldwide shipping.
The policy will probably need to include: public liability, product liability, professional indemnity, stock, shipping and possibly some form of 'key man' cover.
I've enlisted a broker but he's having no luck so far. Any advice - particularly from other online shop owners - would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

The cyber liability would be a seperate issue. An insurer like Travelers would probably do something like that. But what cover are you looking for for the website.

The business in terms of public liability, stock, etc would be the same as any other business. The only problem I can see would be the products cover as shipping worldwide would open up the issue of which jurisdiction any claims would be dealt with in, i.e. Ireland or Nigeria or America.
Again Key Man shouldnt be an issue either. I've never looked for cover for an ecommerce provider so cant be 100% sure but wouldn't think it would be a problem. If you want another broker to take a look feel free to PM me. Probably make my own enquiries now tomorrow anyways cos you have made me curious and I should know the answer.