Insurance for Rented Dwelling

Mers1

I have an apartment which I rent out furnished. The buildings are covered under a block policy but on recently speaking with my Insurance company they have told me that they do not provide contents cover for a rented dwelling.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that would provide cover. Many of the appliances are high end and I want to make sure that should something happen I would be covered.

Many thanks

Most brokers will be able to get you a quotation for a landlord contents policy. You should also be able get those high end items covered for accidental damage by your tenants.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Are you sure that they didnt say that they dont provide ACCIDENTAL damage cover - which would be the norm on rented properties

BrianCByrne - I was told in no uncertain terms that my contents were not covered as I would not be living in the apartment. I clarified that it was furnishings, cooker, TV electrical applicanes etc and I was told no! This was with First Active - cant quite remember who underwrites their buidlings ins.

I will look futher afield.

thats v unusall
- any broker will get you a suitable policy - try Allianz yourself and ask for a landlord policy qte - very competitive

Try lender as well. They wil lhave some link to an insuranc company who migth be very competitive.

Thanks all.

Ravima - First Active also lender and they were the people who told me that they wont provide such cover........

not to worry am going to give Allianz a call (thanks BrianCByrne) this afternoon.

Strange, as FA are linked to Ulster Bank who DO provide the cover!

PM me for contact no is you want.

Building cover for the past nine years - the last two with Quinn. No problem but the tenants insure/or not for their property. So, if there is a slight prob, why not shove up the building insurance to cover the contents as well.