Home Insurance for Listed Property

brian

Hi,

I am purchasing listed property for 800K, built 1908.
I have only got 1 quote through a broker in wexford, e950 a year, which includes a 20% commission - which seems excessive.

Can anyone reccomend another insurer I can approach for a quote. FBD has refuced to cover,

thanks in advnace,

Brian

Hi,

I am purchasing listed property for 800K, built 1908.
I have only got 1 quote through a broker in wexford, e950 a year, which includes a 20% commission - which seems excessive.

Can anyone reccomend another insurer I can approach for a quote. FBD has refuced to cover,

thanks in advnace,

Brian
We renew with axa every year for insurance on a listed building its a thatched cottage, it is very difficult to get other insurance companies to quote.

to be honest, thats not a bad premium. You might be entitled to a discount as each claims free year goes by.

Check with the Irish Georgian Society if they have any deals with insurers for listed buildings.

Having said that, why is a building built just over 100 years ago more expensive?

Is it because the cost of rebuilding would be much higher?

Brendan

Older buildings may have much more issues, dodgy wiring from last century, old leaky plumbing and a roof that's seen better days. Usually when you are looking for insurance for an older house at least 100 years old, insurers will ask when all three of the above were last upgraded before they will even consider a quote.

Back