Insurance for kids sports camps?

G

gpagnew

I'm looking to start a sports camp, does anyone know what companies provide insurance for this- only looking for cover for one week. Age group 1st year secondary school.

Would the venue (school grounds / community centre?) you plan to hold it at have public liability insurance? possible that would cover it?

o connor brokers in Dublin do good insurance at a good price. get them in the fon book.... I use them every year for a one week camp..... If you can't get hold of them get back to me and I'll look up their number....

I think that Allianz has the monopoly in this type of insurance. You could also try Quinn.

Would the venue (school grounds / community centre?) you plan to hold it at have public liability insurance? possible that would cover it?

Sports organisations have to provide their own public liability insurance when renting school grounds/community centres etc. or most other venues. The 2 main players in the Irish market are Allianz and Aon Insurance. Usual level of cover is around €6million. Cost of cover is very reasonable - hasnt risen in the past 3-4 years due to "soft" market.

For an underage sports camp, conforming with Child Protection rules is probably the biggest issue you face - people running the camp would have to attend various courses approved by local sports partnerships or Irish Sports Council.

If the camp is for 1 particular sport rather than a general sports camp, you may also have to check with the National Governing Body of that sport to ensure that you conform with their guidelines and/or have any necessry permissions. NGBs would also be able to provide whatever advice you need.

Back