Home Insurance for a Dilapidated Building?

Blonde Cena

Can anyone help. I have a second property with planning permission (dipapidated family home). I don't plan to build for a couple of years yet but I am wondering what the situation is with Insurance cover for this property.

There have been a couple of vandalism incidents recently (is boarded up but they still manage to enter the property) anyway I have two concerns.

1. I have been told that if somebody enters the property and gets injured that I could be liable? Is this true?

2. The planning permission granted is subject to keeping the front wall of the existing building, so if vandals burned the house how would we be fixed with the planning permission? Could they overturn the planning decision based on the fact that the front wall wouldn't exist?

Is there insurance available for a dilapidated building does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any information.

As the owner of the property,liability will rest with you if someone is injured in your property (even if they're trespassing). There are a number of companies on the Market that offer unoccupied property cover,cover is usually restricted to liability & fire cover.

Www.powerinsurances.ie

But they tend to shirk away from buildings in a bad state of repair!