Insurance Company Refused my No Claims Bonus!!..

dmb

I have had a full no claims bonus for about 8 or 9 years on my private car. 2 years ago I took out a motor trade policy with Allianz, It was a Motor trade policy that also covered my private car for social, domestic and pleasure use, So I have clocked up a further 2 years bonus with Allianz. I decided due to the slow down in the motor trade and the price difference in quotes between Motor Trade and Private Insurance to go back to regular private insurance. I tried quinn direct and told them I had around 7 years of a bonus but the last 2 years were from a motor trade policy which was in My own name and not a company or anything. They refused to accept any bonus from me saying that they can not use a bonus from motor trade for a private insurance and that because its been just under 2 years since I last had a private insurance they were refusing to accept my full bonus from that also. Why is it that my Motor Trade company has no problem accepting a bonus from a private insurance policy but quinn refuse a bonus from the motor trade policy to use on a private policy?.. God, if there is no claims made regardless of the type of policy I struggle to see the problem. I thought that a No Claims Bonus was good for 2 years so even if they refuse the motor trade 2 year bonus for whatever silly reason they should still accept my full 8-9 years bonus from my private policy from just under 2 years ago?.. anyone else have a similar problem and how did you get round it?..

Quinn can be notoriously difficult to please, and when it comes to claiming against a policy held with them, even more so.
Did you try anyone else ?
Ring the AA. I've always got good deals through them.

Back