Insurance Brokers not issuing annual renewals

shootingstar

My house insurance broker didn't send me a renewal via post this year. I only remembered this morning that my insurance is up since middle of Feb.

Do they HAVE to notify/remind me or is it up to me to chase and sort this myself? Just wondering...

It is the brokers job to send you a renewal notice each year. Sadly many forget to.
Contact the broker and ask what is going on.

Also brokers are supposed to go away and get you the best quote, if your renewal is with the same insurer ask why that is the best one for you.

Easier to get them from direct companies. Brokers have to get them from the companies, rebroke them and then issue them.
The rule of the 15 working days applies only to motor renewals at the moment.
We sometimes don't get renewals from some companies for many reasons. Some get lost in transit, some are held back because of claims etc....loads of things can happen.
usually this will show up on a report but sometimes one can slip through the net. We would have about 600 renewals per month per office and perhaps one or two may go missing in action.

The onus is on you to make sure you are covered though.

Give the broker a call and see what happened.

Always get house and car insurance renewal notices about four weeks before the due date.