Insurance Assessors-normal procedure

• Thread starter rodden-live
  • Start date
R

rodden-live

Hi Folks,

Could anybody explain to me what the normal procedure is when an assessor calls out to see the damage to your car. Also is it normal for them to want to see the scene of where the accident occured?

All help appreciated.

Assessor whoulc only see the damages car with a view to calculating/agreeing the amount of the damage or to decide if it is uneconomic to repair.

Your insurers might send an Investigator/Loss adjuster/inspector to meet you at scene of accident to decide liability as to who is at fault or if an oen damage accident, just to see how the accident occurred.

Assessor should not need to see where accident happened,investigator must.

Assessor whoulc only see the damages car with a view to calculating/agreeing the amount of the damage or to decide if it is uneconomic to repair.

Your insurers might send an Investigator/Loss adjuster/inspector to meet you at scene of accident to decide liability as to who is at fault or if an oen damage accident, just to see how the accident occurred.

Assessor should not need to see where accident happened,investigator must.

I must be dealing with a loss adjuster type person then as they want to see the scene. Other person is denying it happened although there are witnesses to the accident and them admitting liability.

After I have dealt with the loss adjuster will I then have to deal with an assessor separately?

Back