Insulation on terrace

Ruam

We are currently building an extention and have a poured concrete roof over our dining area. This is going to be our terrace. How should we insulate the roof? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I'd think about using insulated panels on the inside, such as the ones made by Kingpspan. Available in various thicknesses. You attach them to the underside of the roof and plaster directly over them. Your builder should know all about them.

I have the following in place

25mm Kingspan inside
150mm concrete precast
100 screed
50mm kingspan
rubberised membrane
fleece
bearing pads
Paviours

If you have the height, i'd say best to insulate from underneath - that way you're not heating the concrete.

Thanks for the inforamtion. I'm afraid I don't know much about building and some of the terms don't mean anything to me.

I persume that the rubberised membrane is some type of water proofing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What are the following, screed, fleece, bearing pads and paviours?

Thanks

Ruam

screed = concrete pour
fleece = weatherproof fabric to protect the rubberised membrane
bearing pads = ashtray sized discs that raise the patio slabs off the fleece and allow rainwater to drain from te roof
paviours = patio slabs

Yes the rubberised membrane is a computer mouse mat thick waterproofing material - see [broken link removed] . Bitchumen can also be used.

Thanks for that information.

What is the concrete precast? I thought this was the concrete pour.

Thanks again.

Ruam