Insulation in internal walls in timberframe house!

SINNO12

I'm building a timberframe house and was wondering if i would have to put fibreglass insulation in the internal walls?

SINNO12,

My house is timberframe, built around 1996.
I'm curently refurbing the bathroom, and there's no insulation in the internal walls. However, I am putting insulation in when I am boarding the walls back up. The bathroom is situated over the stairwell/downstairs hallway, and can feel cold some mornings. Having said that, the rest of the house is generally easy to heat. It might be worth doing if only to add a little more sound insulation from noise.

teddyk.

no matter what type of house no matter where it is in te house, it is best practise to insulate every wall in your home. YOU CAN NEVER OVER insulate a home. more insulation should equal less energy loss should equal lower bills shoulw help environment

Would also recommend insulation in timber frame home. I live in one and the builder was good enough to let me in to "sound" insulate the house as well. Being timber frame and semi-d, the sound can carry in these houses but the Rockwool sound insulation is very good for this type of thing. The builders themselves who put up plaster boards after I was finished the sound insulation couldn't believe the difference. worth a look!

Use Rockwool NOT Glasswool Insulation.
Rockwool has sound and heat insulation properties.
It is a good idea to insulate between different zones of a house, if you have zoned heating, and also to insulate between non-habitable accommodation (utility, storage etc.) which aren't heated (or not heated much) and habitable accommodation.