Insulation (attic)

M

mickymcie

Hi Guys... Just about to tackle the insulation of my new house and was wondering does anybody have any expertise in this issue. I was going to use triso super 10 for the attic insulation but reading up about it not so sure now.
Was also looking at Sheepwool insulation but not sure now. Is Kingspan the best way to go or is there a better alternative...Cheers!!

Re: Insulation

I'm also at insulation stage on a 3 gable dormer.

On the downstairs section we have used a product called Low E on the inside of all exterior walls secured by battens upon which we will place the plaster boards.

On the upstiars section (dormer) we are probably going to use a mineral wool between rafters and then place the Low E across the rafters ,effectively under the plaster boards, acting as a further insulation and vapour barrier. The upstairs gable walls will be insulated the same way as the dowstairs exterior walls.

The Low E is like condensed bubble wrap, foiled on both sides. Is that similar to the product you mentioned, if so why are you hesitating on using it ??

Incidentally the cavity walls are insulated in the usual board manner.

The foil that i was intent on using was called tri iso super9. On reading about it - it did not seem to have the same u value as the kingspan foil back. the only downside of the kingspan is the installation of it. In the cavity walls i used kingspan also and am not reinsulating the inside of exterior walls as i think its better that the block take some of the heat and release it when temp of room drops....

At insulation stage myself, with a standard block single storey with rooms in the attic. Have traditional kingspan in the cavity, have put in 2 layers of 4" rockwool into 1st floor 9" joists. Am going to put single layer of 6" rockwool between my 6" pitched roof rafters, and then screw in kingspan TW52 insulation/plasterboard over the rafters.

Must look into the tri iso super 9 you've mentioned