Insulating the average home against rising energy costs

Carpenter

I know that energy costs and insulation methods are covered in various other threads and sydthebeat has made some excellent technical contributions to these; but I have a problem- I'm an industry professional and even I'm confused by the bewildering options available to the average homeowner! For the benefit of those (such as myself) who live in smaller dwellings, what are the options to reduce energy consumption? I've been looking into this for some time and have already made some very modest improvements, but I want to do more. How about putting together a "makeover" for the "average" house, constructed in this country in the last ten years:

House type:
Standard 4 bed, 2 storey detached, c. 1350 sq. ft., built late 90's.
Traditional cavity wall construction, 60mm EPS insulation.

Walls:
I'm thinking about having the residual cavity (40- 50mm) pumped with a bonded bead, although I'm uncertain about the payback on this, is it worthwhile, will comfort levels noticeably improve? Which product should I go for?

Roof:
I've already increased the existing 6" of glass fibre quilt with a further 6"; should I consider boosting this again by a further 4- 6" (SEI state that 400mm is probably the optimal figure for this country)?

Heating:
Water and space heating is provide by a standard "cabin pack" Grant oil burner. Switching to a condensing burner makes sense long term, but I won't consider doing this until the current model has reached it's end of life.

The heating system is zoned, I've fitted all rads with TRVs, all pipework is lagged, system is serviced regularly and well maintained. The existing hotwater storage cylinder is factory insulated and all connecting pipework is lagged.

Lighting:
I'm switching bulbs to CFL lamps where practicable, I'm replacing incandescent light fittings in toilet/ bathroom/ ensuite with 2-D (CFL) fittings.

Air Leakage:
This house (like many others) has passive wall vents incorporated, so air leakage will be a significant factor. However I have made reasonable efforts to cut down on unintentional air leakage through cable/ service entry points in the construction, using sealants etc.

What else can the average householder do without incurring significant cost or resorting to significant (and disruptive) building work?