Insulating house

Skyscout

Hi just wondering if anyone can recommend a company/person/ etc to insulate my house. Built 7 years 1700 sq ft. detatched. Heard of companies who come to your house drill holes inthe wall and shoot insulation stuff into the walls.

Anyone any thoughts or recommendations. Got a ball park quote of about €2k of some crowd who shoved a leaflet in the door. Can't remember name.

House is nearly always cold once the heating is turned off!...... badly insulated.

Ta

Hi, we are trying to do the same thing in our 'freezing' house. We are meeting AA insulation 044 9666100 in the next 2 wks to assess our house. I think you have to have cavity blocks for their product to work. Not sure of price but for me 2k would be worth it as I've spend that in heating bills this past 2 years. Our house is 30 years old tho. L

Have you addressed the more basic issues such as attic (is it adequately insulated - if not it's a DIY job to lay suitable insulation) and any draughty doors/windows first?

What prompted you to contact that company, personal recommendation or what?

Thanks

op, a house built 7 years ago would already have insulation in the cavity walls. the pump in stuff is for older houses.

SEI provides some good tips on improving the energy efficiency of your home:

[broken link removed]

J2K

Have a look at the SEI (Sustainable Energy Ireland) website which has tons of info about house insulation and an online survey that goes through your house room by room. I think they might even go out and do a survey of your house which would be unbiased though I've heard there's a charge. And they have lists of registered firms.

Whoops, Jake2000 beat me to it - didn't see his post.

Anyone here about upcoming grants being made available to upgrade insulation in houses built prior to 1997. Someone told me they heard it on a local radio add (Clare FM)?

Anyone here about upcoming grants being made available to upgrade insulation in houses built prior to 1997. Someone told me they heard it on a local radio add (Clare FM)?

Wonder if this is relevant [broken link removed]