'Insulating ceiling' for glass conservatory

Squonk

I saw an ad for this company in yesterday's Indo. I have a conservatory with a glass roof so it's too cold in Winter and too hot in summer. In those seasons I have to essentially seal off the conservatory from the rest of the house.

As I read it, this (UK) company put on some sort of 'insulating ceiling'. Looks very interesting if it works.

Any opinions or experience of this?

http://www.conservatoryclimatecontrol.com/whathappens.html

We'v a sunroom off the kitchen (ie the block walls with full glass windows and insulated normal roof), cold in winter but fully used from march to october. It usable over the christmas if the electric stove in there is turned full blast, only needed when party on in house.

Two years ago we got full glass side screens in wood built with overhead glass panels and two full glass double doors built and fitted them ourselves, to save heat escaping from the kitchen, company in galway city €1200. House much warmer as a result.

Iv yet to see a sunroom that can be used all year around with extra heat being supplied. I question if insulating the ceiling would be of huge benefit if huge windows still remain.

they are miss selling a reflective 'insulation' product. these products must be used in-conjunction with substantial amounts of regular insulation to have any effect. this is stated in most of these products certification.
anywhere you see the likes of "28mm high performance composite insulation. This composite combines 19 layers of insulating and reflective materials." even if this stuff has 28mm of aerogel between its turkey foil layers (which is the approx equivalent to 4 inchs of mineral wool) run a mile.

Thanks for the feedback. I rang up that company for a budgetary quote on a 15ft x 15ft conservatory. The response was "about 3k" (not sure if £ or € now that I think about it). I did a search around on the internet and found a company in Dublin called Matrix Energy that convert a glass roof to a 'real' roof. See here [broken link removed] I rang them up and got an estimate of about €6k, with 2 velux windows. Any thoughts on this?

I think its got more to do with the quality of materials and specification - ie crap windows and detailing = cold in winter

I agree, however very difficult to change once done,

Spounk, Is the room needed that much to justify the spend of €6K? My aunt has the full glass conservatory in a place she worked and it had remote control blinds that shaded the residents from the sun. Maybe this is an option.

I know we looked in triple glazed units that simply fitted into existing frames and putting a higher spec insulation in roof of sunroon but to simply close off the room was a simpler, cheaper and effective solution for us.