Instant funds transfer from Ireland to UK on weekend/bankholiday

Chewbacca

Are there anyways to do an instant transfer from an AIB account to a bank account in the UK on a weekend/public holiday. I basically need to transfer about £1k to a UK account tomorrow but that wont happen from AIB as public holiday. I had an old unused Revolut account with €5 and thought I'd see if I could use that so tested transferring €15 to that which left AIB but hasn't arrived in Revolut yet.

Any suggestions, not possible or would any of the ones like Transferwise/remitlyPaypal etc do it instantly? I can either do it from current account or a credit card

You could withdraw money on your card in U.K. and then lodge to your U.K. account tomorrow morning?

You could probably withdraw 500£ before midnight and £500 after midnight. I’m sorry, I don’t know of any fast international transfer system from Ireland to UK

Can you transfer money from your credit card to revolut ?
I did that one weekend when a transfer from my current account to revolut didn’t work

Can you transfer money from your credit card to revolut ?
I did that one weekend when a transfer from my current account to revolut didn’t work
How do you transfer from Cc to Revolut I went to add funds and it was showing me banks, it transferred me to AIB and I was asked to enter IBAN from current account wasn’t an option for credit card ?

Oh ok so I had default to bank and when changed it allowed add credit card added €15 as test worked but I can see any option to transfer funds to a bank account (never really used Revolut beyond opening the account) can you not transfer to a bank account?

@huskerdu thanks a million figured it out should be there tomorrow , a bit ridiculous that sending transfer from AIB to UK doesn’t move on weekend or public holiday

@huskerdu thanks a million figured it out should be there tomorrow , a bit ridiculous that sending transfer from AIB to UK doesn’t move on weekend or public holiday
Works the other way too. If you try and send from the UK to Ireland on Aug 27th or 28th, it will not be in an account until Tue Aug 30th at the earliest

Are there anyways to do an instant transfer from an AIB account to a bank account in the UK on a weekend/public holiday. I basically need to transfer about £1k to a UK account tomorrow but that wont happen from AIB as public holiday. I had an old unused Revolut account with €5 and thought I'd see if I could use that so tested transferring €15 to that which left AIB but hasn't arrived in Revolut yet.

Any suggestions, not possible or would any of the ones like Transferwise/remitlyPaypal etc do it instantly? I can either do it from current account or a credit card
It alway amused me that electronic transfer takes week ends and bank Holidays off (has the machines got a union)
Even transferring in the same country Ireland my wages were late transferring on a bank holiday. The money was lost in the system

Back