Instant coffee recommendation?

Caveat

Got a jar of Nescafé Columbian something or other - with a fancy muted sunset type image on the cover - and I have to say I thought it was very good.

Any other suggestions? Prefer something robust.

I quite like Kenco, I think their Decaf is about the best of the Decafs.

I'll drink any coffee really except for Maxwell House

Carte Noir, really nice

Yeah forgot about that one.

I quite like Kenco, I think their Decaf is about the best of the Decafs.

Don't think I've tried it - so maybe the whole "Whaaaat? for eeenstant?" has weight!

I'll drink any coffee really except for Maxwell House

I'm kind of the same - my 'robust' reference was a coded dig at wishy washy MH :)

I've decided to go for something above average though. We always have 'real' coffee in the house too but first thing in the morning the minutes are precious and I couldn't be be bothered with it.

I try and avoid instant tbh, but find Douwe Egberts (especially the Pure indulgence black one) the best of the bunch. Carte Noir after that.

Café Direct Classics Medium Roast is well worth a try. I've graduated to it from Nescafé Mild...

Thanks - never heard of it Lex. Will look out for it.

Don't think I've tried DE in instant format either - thanks GG.

Tesco Finest Costa Rican .... or Davidoff (think they only sell it Superquinn)

My boyfriend and I bring back jars of Nescafe instant from Spain, we both like a robust coffee and for some reason the Nescafe in Spain is stronger and much nicer (also cheaper)

We're going through a phase of Sainsbury's Full Roast instant granules at the moment. Very good value if you happen to be passing (about £3 for 300g I think). Quite a robust flavour and not bad for instant granules.
We would generally like the real coffee flavour too, but usually only put on the filter machine on weekends or non rushed mornings.

Got a jar of Nescafé Columbian something or other - with a fancy muted sunset type image on the cover - and I have to say I thought it was very good.

Any other suggestions? Prefer something robust.

Better still coffee beans. Brazil has a very good coffee.

Back