Installing Solar Panels on 5 year old house

UpTheBanner

Hi,

I am researching solar panals and the cost savings etc and the figures certainly add up in a positive way. However when installing solar panals on an exisiting roof i.e. not a new build, the suppliers in ireland suddenly get vague e.g. we supply but do not install !!

I believe they can be installed in 2 ways:
1. in a "velux window" mode i.e. sunk into the roof
2. just sit on the roof

As we live in a fairly windy area 1. above would seem the logical choice. However the suppliers I've spoken to provide very little concrete info on the matter.

Has anyone installed solar panals on an existing roof and has there been any problems?

Many tnks in advance.

Did you use the search facility to find existing discussions about solar panels on domestic properties in case they contain anything relevant to your query?

I know of a new company called SolarTwin that has a product that can be retrofitted- it just sits on the roof. I know it can be done- problem is access- you need a small scaffold tower to get on the roof- using ladders alone is not safe or practical given the size and weight of the panels.

ClubMan said:
Did you use the search facility to find existing discussions about solar panels on domestic properties in case they contain anything relevant to your query?

I did indeed but could find nothing relating to my specific query.

Seems to me that do indeed deal with the costs and other issues in installing roof mounted solar panels.

Back