Installing microsoft windows 95

gailey

I have recently bought a new laptop which includes windows xp. I would prefer to use microsoft windows 95, however I am having problems installing the disk. Nothing happens when I install the disk and when I go into my computer it is showing up in the disk drive but what do I do to download it? I know this is a very stupid question but please help if you can.

Are you sure that the CD drive is working? Can you see the contents of the CD when you use Windows Explorer to view it? If so try running any setup.exe that is contained on the CD. Running W95 is not a good idea especially since MS stopped supporting it in 2001!

I don't think windows 98 is compatible with windows xp. The program I have at the moment only has wordpad and notepad. Windows xp doesn't have powerpoint, excel or access. That is why I was trying to install windows 98. Is it possible to have the two programs together. When I try to run the windows 98 it replies with "must remove windows np or install through ms dos" which I don't have. I am totally confused now.

Windows 95 is an operating system (as is XP). It doesn't include Powerpoint, Word, Excel or Access which are separate programmes. Just install them on your new laptop from your Microsoft Office disk. I think they'll still run OK under xp but could be wrong about this. Either way, installing Win95 isn't going to get those applications back for you.

Windows 95 is an operating system (as is XP). It doesn't include Powerpoint, Word, Excel or Access which are separate programmes. Just install them on your new laptop from your Microsoft Office disk. I think they'll still run OK under xp but could be wrong about this. Either way, installing Win95 isn't going to get those applications back for you.
:)Thank You Extopia. When I came home with the laptop my son set it up and I assumed microsoft didn't come with the package. I have found microsoft disk and I have ran it and it is fine. I am learning all the time and this website has become my bible. Thanks a million Extopia and thanks aam.

Back