Installing jacuzzi/whirlpool?

M

murphy's law

We are thinking of installing a jacuzzi or whirlpool in our house but was wondering if anyone had any advice for us. We have a bathroom upstairs and downstairs so it could go into either, but as the floor/ceiling usptairs is not cement(just timber) would there be sufficient support for it. Also would anyone have an idea of the cost of installing one. We havent really looked around yet so would appreciate any advice before we start.Thanks.

I just had a jacuzzi fitted, along with a whole new suite and the bathroom re-tiled. The plumber charged €1,200 for his part, to include taking down the old tiles, ripping out the old bathroom suite and re-plumbing the new bathroom. He did a smashing job and indicated a few times that he had underpriced the job.

I got an extra pump fitted under the bath. The bath has it's own pump to pump the water through the jets but I got extra taps on the bath which required an additional pump. The plumber put the pump under the bath and configured it so I have pumped water in the bath and shower only. There is some noise while you're in the bath but it's nothing you couldn't put up with. I don't think it would be heard outside the bathroom.

You would definitely need to put your jacuzzi in your downstairs bathroom, unless you have concrete floors to the first floor.