installing dish washer

September18

Hi All, I live in a typical semi-detached house about 8 years old now and in the kitchen under the work top I have a washing machine. Beside it are the usual drawers for cutlery and pots and pans. Now here is the qusetion... I want to knock out the drawers and move them elsewhere and install a dish washer. Is it a big job to install one? The washing machine already is using up the hot and cold connections and waste pipe (u shape ) stuck in where it should be. Im fed up with been stuck at the sink!!!Thanks and of course Happy New Year to All!!!

I got a dishwasher plumbed in beside my washing machine a couple of years after we moved in.
It cost us €150 2 years ago to get it plumbed in using the existing connections. Well worth it though and it has been a huge labour and stress saving device!

Hi September 18, did you manage to get sorted with your dishwasher? I’m in the same situation and wondering how difficult it would be to remove an existing cupboard and install a dishwasher. Would you need a carpenter for this?
The other option I have is to put the dishwasher in an un-used corner the other side of the kitchen. This would be ideal but there are no water connections or waste pipe at that point, although it is an external wall so I wonder how big a job it would be to get this done? Thanks for any help on this.

It's not a big job at all. If you have done any plumbing you could do it yourself. If not it's about an hour’s work for a plumber (plus call out and materials). It’s hard to know about moving existing drawers without seeing them. If they are in their own carcass it shouldn’t be that bug a job.
If you have a hot and coldwater outlet then you can just split off these. If you are putting in an integrated dishwasher you will need flexi-pipe feeds off your existing fittings.

Back