Installing a Tevion car stereo

Killter

HI Folks,

Im trying to install a Tevion car stereo into a 98 Carrolla. It's proving very tricky-I have the wiring connections installed alright (bought correct adaptors and installed them ok) and have pressed the reset button at the back of the display panel as told to do in the installation instructions. I also disconnected the negative battery terminal before turing the radio on.

My problem is that the unit won't power on....

Anyone have this problem before or can give any suggestions?

I tried locating the fuse for the radio (to see if it was blown) but the actual location of the radio fuse isnt marked on the fuse board lid (if it is I can't find it-the closet thing I can see to a radio fuse is one marked AM2)

Any suggestions please would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Do you need the ignition switched to "ACC" before power goes to the radio?

IIRC, this uses an in-line fuse, not in the fuse-box.

Thanks Mathepac,

Found the fuses ok-youre right they are inline and not in the fuse box. They seem fine.

Ive just tried the radio at ACC as you suggested but still no power-on any of the settings.

Thanks Mathepac. At least I got the fuse situation sorted!

Cheers,

Killter

an update-

just went out in the car and when I turned on the lights the power to the radio comes on ok (so its not a fuse issue anyway) but the LCD lights up all functions at once and the unit wont turn off and cant be used. I tried the reset button at teh back but no joy.
Power will only come on only when I turn the car lights on.

Any thoughts anyone??

Cheers

wiring adaptors.

HI
Can I ask you the name of the wiring adaptors that you bought and where you bought them from.

Halfords were quoting me 60 euros for installation, which I thought was a rip off, and the wiring adaptor is approx 14 euros to buy.