installing a dishwasher

bobk

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to pay a plumber to install a dishwasher?

There wasn't one there before so pipes would need to be cut, etc.

Thanks in advance

Bob

if its within easy access to a water supply (good pressure) then no more than a €150 - €200.

It does have easy access to kitchen sink pipes.

Would i be right in assuming that this project would be too tricky for the uninitiated? or should I give it a go?

Hi bobk, have you tried any plumbing work before? Plumbing a dishwasher is pretty straighforward, you just need to take a feed from the cold pipe to the kitchen taps, and add to the waste setup.
Leo

The hardest part is paying for the machine. Gets easier from then on. Buy a few beers invite a few friends around, you ll have job done before you know it

Might seem obvious but turn the supply to the cold feed off before u start

You can get an appliance tap that fits over a cold water pipe and when you bolt it up it cuts a hole in the existing pipe and seals it giving you your feed to the flexible. Should be available from good plumbing supply store.

Have paid for it to be done but next time might try doing it myself- it was fairly straightforward and it beats waiting for a plumber who won't turn up.

You're better off putting in a proper connection. Those screw in connectors limit the flow due to the small bore, and are a little more prone to giving problems down the line.

You can get an appliance tap that fits over a cold water pipe and when you bolt it up it cuts a hole in the existing pipe and seals it giving you your feed to the flexible. Should be available from good plumbing supply store.

I don't think these self boring taps are really to be advised for plumbing in a dishwasher- these machines need adequate water pressure and a self boring tapped connection can restrict flow slightly. Far better to use compression fittings- a few euro and some basic plumbing skills will do a better job.