Insolvency and personal injury claim

Unsure polly

Hi,
Can I ask some advise please. We're due to meet a PIP about the high arrears on our mortgage €60k . Ulster Bank sold to Project Scariff. We have been making full payments on our mortgage nearly 2 years not but are not in a position to cover the arrears so have been advised to go down this road.

I'm in legal proceedings with an insurance company about a serious accident I was in a few years back and the form for the PIP asks this specific question. I'm not going to lie on the form, but wondering if there's a chance the banks will take this money from me to use against the debt ?.

This will be used for a number of things as I lost my job after the accident so struggled for a long time financially and I haven't been able to afford rehabilitation costs regularly after it, so hoping to get this. I also had to borrow money from family members and would hope to pay them back.

Any advise, thank you. A

My understanding is an exception in that personal injury claims are out of reach from creditors in insolvency.
But take a google to research further.

The OP certainly needs to check it out with their PIP. When I went through all of this a few years back inheritances, windfalls etc were all 'fair game'.

I agree it needs to be confirmed with a PIP. But I’m pretty sure that personal injury claims is the one area that is excluded.

Back