Inner Cv joint in used car two months old

Madilla

My daughter bought a repaired crashed mini from a garage in Newry(saw the car in the garage damaged but price paid to include the car fully repaired). Had a problem with it & just brought into the local garage who advised that the LHS inner CV joint of the driveshaft needs replacing at a cost of €520 + labour + VAT.As an aside also needs 4 new tyres. Phoned the garage where the car was purchased but they will not take any responsibilty for the repair necessary.They will however carry out the repair for about half the cost of the Irish garage.On checking the UK legal obligations it seems If your customer makes a claim in the first six months it will be up to you to prove the vehicle was correct when it left your premises.I am wondering whether I might have any claim against the garage?

What kind of written warranty did your daughter get or indeed verbally told anything. I know in S Ireland I always get a two page receipt from the SIMI dealerships Iv used.

Bought a second hand car late last year and two weeks ago developed a terrible "squeal" in the handbrake, brought it into them and even though wasnt "technically" covered they did it free of charge.

We always push for new tyres, if they not all ready on car (as well as car mats and the likes!). Tyres, to my limited knowledge are wear and tear so your own responsibility.

Was just told car would be left good a new and he would stand over it. Foolishly got nothing in writing.