Inner City Dublin Redevelopement (e.g. Dublin 8) Advice required please!

S

sileb

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend are first time buyers and are currently renting in Temple Bar (beside Christchurch/Fishamble St). We are looking at 2 bed house that is in the city centre, and possibly around Cork St / Donore Avenue / Christchurch.

There seem to be quite a few houses for sale on Donore Avenue and am just wondering if there is a reason for this, or if i'm missing some thing in the way of some major development plan in the area? Why are so many selling?

On the other hand i've heard good things about the area, that it is part of the inner city that is rejuvenating with lots of young professionals moving into the area. Is this accurate?

Both me and my boyfriend work in city centre and we spend most of our social life in town, going to markets and galleries etc. Is the Cork St area a good move do you think? Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't mind a bit of city centre urban roughness (it is inner city Dublin) but don't want to live in a kip with junkies on every corner! Can any like minded residence offer any info?

Hi sileb, just seen your post. Im originally from the coombe, moved out of the city and now im back living in the Tenters. The Tenters is the area between Cork Street and South Circuar Road, near Donore Avenue. I havnt heard about any major plans but there is a regenaration going on. Its agreat place to live it has a community spirit and a lot of new people living around also.Hope this is useful to you.