Inherited half a house but other person can’t buy my full share. What options?

noideawhattodo

So I’ve inherited half a house but seems like the other beneficiary is unable to buy my half out even with a decent discount. I’ve no desire to keep my share as rather cash it in as I’ve my own mortgage to pay for and what use is having a share in a house which will give me no income at all and I’ll never see a cent of it. Is it possible to sell some portion of the house let’s say 40% of it and with the option to purchase the rest of it at a later time? Or what other option would I have. Thanks

So I’ve inherited half a house but seems like the other beneficiary is unable to buy my half out even with a decent discount. I’ve no desire to keep my share as rather cash it in as I’ve my own mortgage to pay for and what use is having a share in a house which will give me no income at all and I’ll never see a cent of it. Is it possible to sell some portion of the house let’s say 40% of it and with the option to purchase the rest of it at a later time? Or what other option would I have. Thanks
You haven't specified whether the other beneficiary is living in the house? If not just sell it and split the proceeds.

I assume that the other beneficiary is living in it and wants to buy you out.

Can you give the figures.

1) What is the value of the house?
2) How much cash does the other person have?
3) What is their income?
4) Why can't they get a mortgage?

Back