Informed by bank to close account

DublinCeltic

Hi all.
I received a letter from Bank of Ireland asking me to close my account within 21 days. This is the second time this has happened in 2 years and the first time i had the money to rectify the problem.

I have a 3k overdraft agreement with them and always pay the interest when it comes around, i just dont have the spare cash to get back in the green now as i have been reduced to a 3 day working week.

I have written to them but have not heard back and the 21 days are now up.
My main concern is that my wages from work will be paid into my account and i wont be able to access them to pay bills and to cover my direct debits, i am waiting for my new account with postbank to be opened at the moment. Having checked my account online it is saying that i have no money available even though i am slightly under my limit.

Any help please as it is getting me down

not a bump but an update.

Just checked my bank online and my wages were paid into my account but its showing no available funds ! Thats me screwed now with my bills, direct debits e.t.c.

All my direct debits and standing orders are no longer showing on my account.

I'll have to ring them in the morning but i know they will be of no help :( Skint again for another week

The best thing you can do is ask your employer to stop paying your wages into that account immediately, send BOI a letter stating that your hours are reduced and you are willing to make reduced payments until your situation improves

I phoned them this morning and got it sorted along with my bank loan. I will be paying less a month for both my overdraft and loan than i was previously even though they refused to reduce my payments on my loan a while ago. They also said i can withdraw my wages that had just went in from a branch, has anyone heard of this being true ?

You would also need to check out what happened to your direct debits and if they were unpaid it might affect your credit rating

Direct debits were cancelled, cant pay them by laser card either as that was also cancelled. Should have a new account and debit card ready for tuesday to pay them. I managed to withdraw money from the bank but only after waiting over an hour and numerous phone calls to the credit control department. My wages will be going into new account from next week and i'll set up a standing order to pay off my old account. Didn't turn out to be as bad as i expected !

Back