Info Pls - Adventure Indoor Play Areas

wexgirl

Hi All
Hope the title was specific enough and i am posting in the right part.

I have this idea to set up an adventure play area, you know one of those ones that are in a large building (like a gym sometimes) that have all different play areas like slides/bouncy castles/ ball area etc, they are all covered in by netting making it mostly safe, and usually there are a seating area for parents to sit down while the children play. If anyone knows wexford/waterford i am talking about playbarn in newross and leisurezone in ardkeen.

Well in my own area there are none of these area's and i would really really like to look in to setting one of these up. Only problem is i dont really know where to start.

IF anyone has any experience with these playcentres i would be grateful for any advise at all. I have looked up a few websites and can find SOME play equipment but still not enough info. I have seen sites where there is step by step instructions on how to set up creche etc etc so i guess i am looking for a how to set up play area (or whatever they are called).

Thanks for reading my post & hopefully some one out there can help me.

:)

I don't know your area, but there are loads of them in Dublin. I would assume that any of them would be happy to give you free advice. Why not make some calls and set up a day's worth of site visits ?

Hurly Burly in Finglas & Fun Fitness in Sandyford are relatively new. There are a load of others and the only reason I mention those two is that they are easy to get to from the M50 - no other reason.

Maybe a franchise (if they exist) of one of these would be a way to go ?

Hi

Thanks for quick response. I am actually in the southeast where the nearest one would be about half hour drive so i do think it would be successful. I just feel if i dont do any thing about it some one else will and i'll regret it. Yes, i might try ring around a couple to see if i can talk to the manager/proprietor. A franchise would be another good idea but i cant find any information on franchises for playareas on the internet yet, but will keep looking, thanks :D

Back