Info on estates in Naas?

N

NS-10

Hello one and all.

I am moving to Naas with my wife and young family (two pre-schoolers) and we are looking for opinions on some estates. We have specific needs from a house which is narrowing our search somewhat and have found the perfect house in a mature estate called Our Lady's Place which is off the Newbridge road just past the Townhouse hotel. Other roads around there are Paceli, Sarto, St. Martin's. Any opinions on the suitability of this area for young children?

We are also looking at a house in Ashgrove off the Dublin road at the other end of Naas...same question really.

Feel a bit cheeky starting out with a question but I hope to contribute in time.....

Don't feel bad about starting out by asking a question!

Have you searched for previous posts on Naas? Might be worth a look.

I would second previous poster, Ashgrove would be a much safer bet house purchase wise. The other place you mentioned and surrounding area would not be "desireable" so to speak.
Best of luck.

Hi there
My mum lives in the Sallins end of Naas, would you think of looking at monereed or Morrell both good ares.

Ashgrove is an older estate and the houses there were built to the lower insulation standards prevalent 30-40 years ago. Morell and Monreade are newer developments dating from the 1990's with downstairs toiltes and ensuites etc.

I live on the Monread side of the town and the plus points are:

Handier to access the N7/M7 (no need to traverse the town, which can be very busy)
Handier to access the train at Sallins
There's a large park with playground and playing fields
There's a gym complex with a nice cafe there, as well as a pharmacy and creche, a little on down is a shop, chipper, butchers and pub
Generally speaking, it's a quiet area (I live in of the the 'Na Rioghs' (there bru na riogh and dun na riogh), there are the usual congregations of kids near the shop and skater boys in the park car park, but apart from being noisy, they do no seem to cause much bother.
You're at the end of the town with the new cinema!

Have a drive or walk around the various areas at different times to see what you think.

Back