Inependent article re "buy to let mortgages" in arrears

Luternau

I have just read the article below
http://www.independent.ie/business/...get-investors-who-bought-in-boom-2989307.html

I agree fully with the elephant in the room statement. However, the tactics that seem to be employed and the sample wording mentioned seem very aggressive. I would disagree that all buy to let customers are 'fair game'. There is either justification to issue such letters or there is not.
If there is evidence that there are people that could pay, but are not paying, then they should be pursued. But from what I hear, the banks don't want to talk to customers until they are in trouble, and by then they are issuing threatening or demand letters because they are 'fair game'
I just dont get this. I am sure that if the customers that are receiving these letters had access to the same bail outs and cheap funding that the banks have access to, they would not be in the possition they are in. Surely the banks should be sitting down at an earlier stage with these customers ?
The fallout from this banking mess makes less sense now than it did four years ago.

Logic and Sense is long gone in Banking. While they are secure in the knowledge that the goverment will back them no matter what. The so called Keane report and anything suggested so far as been nonsense. I think the pathetic excuses of moral hazard and strategic defaulters are urban myths and spin to justify illegal and immoral practices by a banking sector gone out of control and answering to no one not even bond holders.

Luternau, the banks aim is a fishing exercise. Some people do have money hidden and the banks are after this and also after people to adjust their lifestyles and pay down debt instead.

Back